When I wake up, when I drive, when I meditate, when I cook, when I eat, when I work, when I teach and when I sleep I play mantra. Okay, so it may not be exactly 24/7 but it sure is close! Why? This is a funny question as I type it because I feel as if you truly want to understand the why, you must learn by experience and saturate yourSELF in mantra.
“Mantras are not small things, mantras have power. They are the mind vibration in relationship to the Cosmos. The science of mantra is based on the knowledge that sound is a form of energy having structure, power, and a definite predictable effect on the chakras and the human psyche.” ~Yogi Bhajan
My teacher’s teacher dives into the power of mantra in the video below. I absolutely love his perspective, especially on the bridge between contemporary music and mantras! Take a look:
Because I’m curious… Respond to the following questions with a comment below:
- How do you use mantras in your daily life?
- Do you have a favorite mantra?
- Do you listen to mantras during the day?
- What is the most profound thing you have experienced during chanting?
- If you have any questions about mantra leave a comment below!
- Do you have questions about mantras in Kundalini Yoga – their pronunciation, where they come from or what they mean?